Using nengo-loihi on Kapoho Bay

Hi,
I’m using Kapoho Bay Chip and trying to run a simple simulation using nengo_loihi simulator.

I’m using Ubuntu 18.04, and the only version detected the chip for me was python v3.6.8 with NxSDK v0.9.8.
So I managed to got the message:

Using Kapoho Bay serial number 433
test_fpio_loopback: chain=0 chips=2 blocks=1000 time=11981us => 1.33545Mb/s

Now, I’m trying to run the following:

import numpy as np
import nengo
import nengo_loihi
import os
import nxsdk

os.environ["KAPOHOBAY"] = "1"
nengo_loihi.set_defaults()

with nengo.Network(label="Communication channel") as model:
    stim = nengo.Node(lambda t: np.sin(2 * np.pi * t))

pre = nengo.Ensemble(n_neurons=80, dimensions=1)
    post = nengo.Ensemble(n_neurons=60, dimensions=1)

nengo.Connection(stim, pre)
    nengo.Connection(pre, post)

stim_probe = nengo.Probe(stim)
    pre_probe = nengo.Probe(pre, synapse=0.01)
    post_probe = nengo.Probe(post, synapse=0.01)
    pre_n_probe = nengo.Probe(pre.neurons)

with nengo_loihi.Simulator(model,precompute=True, target='loihi') as sim:
    sim.run(2.0)

But I’m getting an error, I’m providing here the notebook with the error.
36-098.ipynb (14.6 KB)

Love to get some help.
Thanks,
Yuval

This looks like some sort of compilation error within NxSDK itself. On my machine, /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/libc-header-start.h is provided by the libc6-dev package, so you can try installing that package.

If that doesn’t solve things, I would try is running one of the NxSDK tutorials available in the SDK (it’s called nxsdk-apps-0.9.8.tar.gz and should be available wherever you got NxSDK from). In the tutorials/nxcore folder there are a number of tutorials; you can try running any of them just to make sure they run and don’t give the same error. If you do get the same error, the INRC forum is the better place to ask, since they’re the experts on NxSDK.

Thanks a lot, it really was a problem with the nxsdk.

As a note for future reference, because the KB code is compiled on your machine (rather than on one of the INRC cloud servers), several system packages need to be installed on your machine to get the code to compile properly. The instructions can be found in the docs/getting_started_kb.html file from the NxSDK apps tar file.

1 Like