Time-series forecasting with LMU in nengo-dl

Hello everybody! :slight_smile:

I have been reading the Nengo forum for a few weeks now, but now is the time for me to ask 1 or 2 questions. Thanks to all that people from the community that helped me until now and will help me in the future.

I am interested in time-series forecasting using LMUs and the implementation shown in the nengo-dl docs.
In my notebook LMU-final.ipynb (60.6 KB) you can see my most recent attempts. The data should be publicly available via the github URL. Sorry in advance if my code is not great! :sweat_smile:

1. At first there is an example with some small dummy dataset. I think I took it somewhere in the forum earlier this year. The LMU seems to produce good results and the loss function is also within the rage of the acceptable. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
  2. Then, I tried to plug in the dataset I am working with. For now, I have only selected one of the time-series I have in the data, in order to have it similar to the first example. However, I never managed good results. I tried changing the number of parameters (neurons and number of Legendre polynomials), adjusting the learning rate, and turning on/off the various ‘learnable’ connections. However, the loss function seems to be stay fixed at a certain not too small number throughout all the epics but the first. Have I missed something? Am I doing something oddly wrong?

Any help would be very much appreciated since I am relying mainly on this community and the docs.

I have now another question, but less important and pressing. As you could see from the notebook, my data consists of multiple different time-series, which are independent and I would need to predict a value for each of them. So I do NOT want to come up with a single prediction based on all my time series (multivariate), but I would like to threat them independently, I call them parallel time-series, but I am not sure this is the right name :sweat_smile:.
Is it possible to do it with this implementation of LMU in nengo-dl ( Legendre Memory Units in NengoDL)?

Thanks in advance to everybody for their time! :slight_smile:

PS: for some reasons I couldn’t upload my notebook even if I reached trust level 1, hence I deleted my previous post. But now it’s working, thanks in case someone gave right!