NengoSPA 1.3.0 released

The NengoSPA team is excited to announce the release of NengoSPA 1.3!

What is Nengo SPA?

Nengo SPA enables quickly prototyping large cognitive models using the Semantic Pointer Architecture (SPA) on top of Nengo with a simple syntax.

What’s new?

NengoSPA introduces methods for binding powers and fractional bindings. A binding power is a repeated binding of a vector; just like the power of a number is repeated multiplication. In this, depending on the algebra (e.g. the specific kind of binding operation), it is also possible to have non-integer exponents. This is also called fractional binding. These kinds of binding operations can be useful to represent things in continuous space. You will find a more in-depth explanation in the documentation..

In addition, a long-standing gap in the documentation has been closed by adding an example of how NengoSPA can be combined with learning connections.

Last, but not least, two more vector generators have been added for equally spaced HRR vectors and for vectors fulfilling certain properties.

All changes with respect to the previous versions are listed in the changelog.

How do I get it?

To get the new version of Nengo SPA, use pip.

pip install --upgrade nengo-spa

Where can I learn more?

Where can I get help?

You’re already there! If you have an issue upgrading or have any other questions, please post them in this forum.