NengoFPGA supported hardware

Hi!
I’m a Master’s student of Uppsala University of Sweden, I’m doing a thesis on SNN implemented on an FPGA to control a bionic am.

Our intention is to use Nengo and NengoFPGA Python library but we would to ask you if the FPGA which we have is supported by NengoFPGA or not.

Our FPGA is: ZedBoard Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Development Board
( ZedBoard Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Development Board - Digilent )

If our board is not supported i would ask you what are your alternatives to use this system?

Thanks for you help, Mirko.

Hi @mirkosangy, and welcome to the Nengo forums. :smiley:

Unfortunately, the NengoFPGA library only supports the FPGAs listed here.

It looks like the Pynq Z1 and Z2 boards do use the same FPGA (the Zynq-7000), so in theory the bitstreams generated for the Pynq platform should work, but without a Zedboard to test locally, I cannot be 100% certain. I do know, however, that a custom SD image will need to be created for the Zedboard for NengoFPGA to work with it, and this will be difficult to accomplish without the board itself.

Another issue is that NengoFPGA is currently under export control, and we can currently only sell it to customers within Canada. We are trying hard to get it approved for export to other countries (but we can’t give a strict timeline, since it’s up to the governmental agency), and our storefront will be updated once this is done. :slight_smile: