Nengo SPA 1.0.0 released

The Nengo SPA team is excited to announce Nengo SPA 1.0, the first stable release!

What is Nengo SPA?

Nengo SPA enables quickly prototyping large cognitive models using the Semantic Pointer Architecture (SPA) on top of Nengo with a simple syntax.

Why version 1.0?

The last minor release has been over a year ago. Since then only two bugfix releases with very minor changes and some documentation improvements, had to be made. Thus, the API has effectively become stable, warranting a 1.0 release to communicate that this library can be considered to be stable software. It also coincides nicely with the recent Nengo 3 release.

What’s new?

The 1.0 release mainly provides compatibility to the recently released Nengo 3.0, but still works with any Nengo version down to 2.7.

Apart from that, default labels have been removed from networks which will give better labels in Nengo GUI with the current development version. All networks also have been converted to classes (some where functions returning a network before).

Similar to Nengo 3, Nengo SPA does no longer support Python 2.7 or 3.4 (and earlier). If you depend on any of these Python versions, you will have to use an older release.

Further changes with respect to the previous versions are listed in the changelog.

How do I get it?

To get the new version of Nengo SPA, use pip.

pip install --upgrade nengo-spa

Where can I learn more?

Where can I get help?

You’re already there! If you have an issue upgrading or have any other questions, please post them in this forum.