Nengo_loihi simulator provides different results

Hi,

I’m working with the Kapoho Bay chip, with nengo_loihi.
I’m running the same model over and over again with nengo_loihi.Simulator and each time getting different results. I defined the seed of the network to be 0, and also defined np.random.seed(0), but still with nengo_loihi.Simulator I get different results while using nengo.Simulator gives me the same (and wanted) results in each run.
How can I define the nengo_loihi.Simulator so it will work in the same way each time?

Thanks

Hi @yuvalzaidel,

Setting the network seed using np.random.seed() should work, as evidenced by our NengoLoihi example here, so, if it’s not working for you, it might be a bug with NengoLoihi, or a quirk of the network you are running.

If you could provide a minimal working example of this happening, it would make it easier to debug on our end. In your working example, it would help if you could indicate what results you are getting w.r.t. running it with what simulator you are using and / or what hardware you are using when running the simulation.

Thank you for the reply, it really was a “quirk” of the network I am running. Thanks

1 Like