Nengo History Timeline

I was reading the Nengo history page at: https://www.nengo.ai/nengo/history.html and was wondering if someone could fill in some dates for the generation 1-5 timeline. I see that Gen 1 & Gen 2 were produced in 2003 & 2007, but what years were Gen 3, 4, and 5 released?

Others can correct me if I’m wrong, or have knowledge going back farther than me, but here are some approximate dates

Gen 3 actually spans a bit of time, because it includes both the Jython interface and the Theano implementation. The Jython interface was already around when I started using Nengo, which was at the start of 2011. The Theano interface was developed mostly in 2012, I think.

The details about Gens 4 and 5 actually exists in the Git history. It looks like we copied over the contents of nef_theano and really started work on the new API on the weekend of April 20-21, 2013. NengoOCL’s first commits are May 13, 2013. Nengo 2.0 was released on Jan 15, 2015.

Thanks for the information. I’m putting together an introductory slide deck for Nengo and this really helps me out. I should have thought to look at the Git history.

Much appreciated!