Nengo 2.2.0 released!

The Nengo team is thrilled to announce the release of Nengo 2.2!

What’s new?

Unlike the jump to Nengo 2.1, not a whole lot has changed for existing models in Nengo 2.2. Everything that worked in Nengo 2.1 should still work after upgrading!

Nengo 2.2 features a number of nice improvements that can make some models faster. If you don’t know the exact function that you want to compute in a connection, but you have a set of example input / output pairs, it is now possible to pass a set of outputs as the function in a connection, as long as you also pass in the inputs as eval_points. If you’ve used the target_function helper, then you should use this new feature instead.

We have also introduced the idea of “config presets” to group together sets of parameters that are commonly used together. For example, when making ensembles that should be silent up to a certain input threshold, several parameters need to be set to get good performance. Those parameters can be set all at once with the ThresholdingEnsembles preset.

If you’re still using the ancient NumPy 1.6, then now is a good time to update, as this new release drops support for NumPy 1.6.

To see the full list of changes in Nengo 2.2, head to the Github release page.

How do I get it?

To get the new version of Nengo, use pip.

pip install --upgrade nengo

Where can I learn more?

Where can I get help?

You’re already there! If you have an issue upgrading or have any other questions, please post them in this forum.