MNIST Convnet Example

Hey,

I had this working last week on my laptop and down a fresh install on my PC today and now i am just getting an error “” ImportError: cannot import name ‘multiply’ “”
from the nengo-loihi import
cloned both nengo and loihi from the git today and tested even when i roll back to the pip version of loihi i still have the same issue???

ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-1-96b011962fbb> in <module>
     17     has_requests = False
---> 19 import nengo_loihi

~/.virtualenvs/nengo/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nengo_loihi/__init__.py in <module>
      5 del check_nengo_version
----> 7 from .simulator import Simulator
      8 from .config import add_params, set_defaults

~/.virtualenvs/nengo/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nengo_loihi/simulator.py in <module>
     14 import numpy as np
---> 16 from nengo_loihi.builder import Model
     17 from nengo_loihi.builder.nengo_dl import HAS_DL, install_dl_builders
     18 from nengo_loihi.compat import seed_network

~/.virtualenvs/nengo/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nengo_loihi/builder/__init__.py in <module>
      1 from .builder import Builder, Model
----> 2 from . import connection, ensemble, node, probe

~/.virtualenvs/nengo/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nengo_loihi/builder/connection.py in <module>
      4 import nengo
      5 from nengo import Ensemble, Connection, Node, Probe as NengoProbe
----> 6 from nengo.builder.connection import (
      7     build_no_solver as _build_no_solver,
      8     BuiltConnection,

ImportError: cannot import name 'multiply'

Hi Paul,

This is an issue introduced by recent nengo changes that we haven’t yet addressed in the master branch of nengo-loihi. In the mean time, you can use the nengo-dev branch of nengo-loihi if you’re working with NxSDK 0.8.5, the nxsdk087 branch if you’re working with NxSDK 0.8.7, and the nxsdk090 branch if you’re working with NxSDK 0.9. Note that we’ll be dropping support for NxSDK 0.8.5 shortly.

Thanks very much, fixed it in one :slight_smile: