Installation process in Windows 11 Issue

Hi All,

I am facing a issue to install the same in windows 11. One of the command is not executing showing as below.

Can anyone help?

Hi @Madhurima_Mukherjee, and welcome to the Nengo forums! :smiley:

The question you are asking is technically not Nengo related. Rather, it is pertaining to NxSDK, and questions regarding that should be posted on the INRC forums.

Regardless, I may be able to help you with the issue you are facing. I’m not entirely sure what setup guide you are following to get those commands, but those commands are meant for a Linux (or Mac) operating system. It is likely that those commands were meant to be executed on the INRC cloud machines, rather than on your personal computer. If you do want to run them on your computer, note that NxSDK (the Python package that allows networks to be run on the Loihi hardware) does not support Windows, so you’ll need to install a Linux distribution on your machine (it’s been tested to work with Ubuntu 18.04, and Ubuntu 20.04).

As a side note, if you do want to use Windows, the NengoLoihi Python package allows you to build and simulate Nengo networks with a Loihi “emulator”. This “emulator” replicates how your network will behave on the Loihi hardware without needing to run it on the actual hardware (it’s not 100% accurate, but it’s pretty close).

Hello xchoo, Thank you for the information.

I have used NengoLoihi — NengoLoihi 1.1.1.dev0 docs

I am following the installation step for the local machine only.

Can you guide which one to follow as I am using windows not Linus OS.

Hi @Madhurima_Mukherjee,

For installation on a Windows operating system, the only installation step you need to do is this. I.e.,

Once you have completed the step above, the installation is complete.

The installation instructions you are trying to follow (the part about scp) is only for installing on the INRC machine, or a Linux machine connected to the Loihi hardware.

Note that as I mentioned above, if you are using a Windows operating system, you will not be able to connect and use the Loihi hardware. There is, however, a Loihi “emulator” that is included with the NengoLoihi software that will enable you to essentially replicate how the network would behave on the actual Loihi hardware.