Dose this year has summer school?

I am very interested in spiking neural network, and found Nengo is very interesting. I really want to paticipate summer school and learn some thing about it . But i noticed the summer school only update until 2020, has it hold in 2021? If it will be hold in 2022 or 2023?
Thanks for your reply.

Hi @zgmaguoqing, and welcome to the Nengo forums! :smiley:

The Nengo Summer School was schedule to run in 2020, but was cancelled a couple of months prior to the start of it because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, the summer school was not held in 2021, and it is unlikely to be held in 2022 either. It is uncertain whether it will return in 2023.

However, in anticipation of the Summer School’s cancellation in 2020, the organizers of the Nengo Summer School compiled the lecture materials into a series of video lectures that can be found here. While you won’t get the full experience of the Summer School (i.e., the project and group work), all of the taught material can be found in that playlist.

There are other resources you can explore as well:

• Coding examples can be found on the Nengo documentation page.
  • GUI-based examples can be found in the NengoGUI package
  • A quick summary of the NEF (Neural Engineering Framework) can be found here, and here. The second link also provides a link to the book that goes through the detailed derivation and application of the NEF to various engineering problems.
  • A coded example of the NEF algorithm can be found here.
  • A description of how we build complex neural systems can be found here, as well as a link to the book that describes this process in more detail.
  • These forums (where you are at right now!) also provide a place where you can ask questions to the Nengo community. :grin: