Nengo 2.6.0 released

The Nengo team is hyped to announce the release of Nengo 2.6.0!

What is Nengo?

Nengo is a Python library for building and simulating large-scale neural models for AI and robotics. It can be thought of as a neural compiler, transforming a functional description of a neural model to a network of spiking or non-spiking neurons that can run on multiple backends including GPUs and neuromorphic hardware.

What’s new?

Nengo 2.6.0 contains several new features and bugfixes.

We added a new NoSolver solver for situations in which you want to skip the decoder solving process, but don’t want to pass in a full connection weight matrix. NoSolver should be especially useful when learning decoders with online learning across several trials.

We have added a warning when the simulator is run for 0 timesteps. This can sometimes happen when running one timestep at a time if the dt is changed to a higher value.

We have also raised the minimum required version of NumPy to 1.8 to take advantage of some more recent NumPy features. If you’re still using NumPy 1.7 or below, we recommend upgrading to a newer version of NumPy.

Finally, the Nengo team grew this release. Welcome to the team, Allen Wang!

To see the full list of changes in Nengo 2.6.0, head to the Github release page.

How do I get it?

To get the new version of Nengo, use pip.

pip install --upgrade nengo

Where can I learn more?

Where can I get help?

You’re already there! If you have an issue upgrading or have any other questions, please post them in this forum.

A post was split to a new topic: MKL fatal error